Jackson County Health Department Back-to-School Immunization Clinics
In the wake of COVID-19, routine back-to-school immunization clinics through the Jackson County Health Department are going to look different this year. To keep our staff and your family safe, scheduled appointments are available at off-site clinics throughout the community.
From July 7 through August 19, Jackson County Health Department nurses will travel to different cities each week and provide immunizations to students. The clinics will be open Tuesday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
A separate clinic for kindergarten students will be available at the Jackson County Health Department in Independence from July 7 through August 21, Tuesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Missouri law requires students to be up-to-date on immunizations. The state of Missouri does not plan to waive this requirement to provide extra time to get vaccinated as of June 10. If immunizations or waivers are not completed before the start of the school year, students cannot attend school until the requirements are met.
“As we navigate COVID-19, it remains essential for families to stay up-to-date on school immunizations,” said Jackson County Health Department Director Bridgette Shaffer. “Although immunization clinics will look different this year, our staff is committed to providing resources to help students and families.”
To prepare for your visit to one of our immunization clinics here’s what you need to know:
- For both kindergarten and traveling clinics, registration must be completed at least one week before the scheduled visit.
- We will not be taking any walk-ins at the kindergarten or traveling clinics.
- We can’t guarantee a second appointment if the first one is missed.
- Early arrivals will not be allowed to wait in the clinic. We recommend showing up no more than five minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Masks and cloth coverings are required to be worn at all times within the clinic.
- Students may only be accompanied by one parent or guardian.
- These will be the only clinics provided by the health department for the back-to-school season. Parents are encouraged to sign up as soon as possible to secure their desired date and time.
Overview of Dates & Locations
Raytown: July 7 – 10 | Raytown Wellness Center
Independence: July 14 – 17 | Bingham Middle School
Blue Springs: July 21 – 24 | Paul J Consiglio Education Center
Grain Valley: July 28 – 29 | Grain Valley North Middle School
Oak Grove: July 30 – 31 | Oak Grove Middle School
Lee’s Summit: August 4 – 7 | Lee’s Summit High School
Lone Jack: August 11 | Lone Jack High School
Grandview: August 12 – 14 | Grandview School District CAIR
Buckner: August 18 – 19 | Fort Osage Fire Department
Stay up-to-date on back-to-school immunization schedules and sign-ups by following the Jackson County Health Department on social media (@jacksoncountyhd) or by signing up for updates on their website (jacohd.org).