Initial Report of Issues
- The Parent or student will contact the IT Helpdesk regarding problems with district-issued technology using the student help desk line at 816-316-4650 or via email at email@example.com.
- Helpdesk personnel will evaluate whether the issue can be resolved remotely or if the device will need to be turned in for repair.
- If the device needs repair, helpdesk personnel will email the designated point of contact for the building such as principal or secretary with contact information for the parent/student.
Receipt of Damaged Device
- The assigned school staff member will contact the parent/student and arrange to swap the damaged device for a loaner or different device. The replacement device will need to be checked out through Alexandria, so the librarian may need to be involved (depending on the school procedure.)
- Once the school site has taken possession of the damaged device, arrangements with the site for pick up/drop off with the IT Department office will be made.
- IT Department staff will arrange for repair of the device.
Return of Repaired Device
- An IT technician will return the repaired device to the appropriate building.
- The designated staff member will contact the parent/student to return the loaner device and pick up the repaired device. The loaner device will need to be checked back in to Alexandria when it is returned.
- Each site should designate devices to be set aside for loaners such as the library devices.