Grandview C4 Schools Z-Pass Student Ridership Program
The Z-Pass Student Ridership system allows the Grandview C-4 School District to monitor each student getting on and off the bus, helping to ensure their safety.
The technology is used for all students who ride district buses to and from school. Each student is given a Z-pass badge when they sign up for district transportation. The badge communicates with a Z-Pass scanner located on the bus. The system allows the Transportation Department and schools to know when and where each student enters and exits the bus on their assigned route.
Grandview C-4 schools offer this service to parents and/or legal guardians who would like to participate. Parents and/or legal guardians seeking to opt out of the program may complete and return the opt out form that can be obtained from the district’s Transportation Office.
If a student loses or damages their Z-Pass card there is a $5.00 replacement charge. This fee may be paid directly to the student’s school or school bus driver.
Card Care Tips
1. Do not punch holes or bend/flex the card
2. Keep card away from extreme heat such as dryers, stove tops, washing machines, etc.
3. Do not chew on the card or puncture the card in anyway
4. We encourage you to attach it to the student's back pack, binder, or key chain so they will not be lost or misplaced.
5. The Z Pass card is issued specifically to the student's ID number, therefore other students (including siblings) may not use their card.
6. If the card is lost or misplaced please notify your school bus driver and/or school office immediately.
If you have further questions about this program please contact the Transportation Director at 816-316-5175.