As one can imagine, ensuring students remain physically distanced on school buses is a significant challenge. Depending on the number of students that enroll in transportation the district may need to explore expanding the walk-to-school zone. Students will follow this procedure upon boarding the bus:
- Masks will be required for students grades K - 12.
- Students will use hand sanitizer provided on the bus after they scan their student identification card.
- Students will proceed to the very last seat on the bus, regardless of grade level, filling the bus from back to front. This will be the students assigned seats during AM & PM routes.
- Bus drivers & paras will instruct students from the same household to sit together.
- Upon arrival at school students will be required to remain seated until students are dismissed seat-by-seat by the bus driver or para.
- If a student or employee on the bus is deemed to be symptomatic the bus will not be allowed to unload until additional guidance is provided by the Director of Transportation and Building Administration.
- The bus and driver will be removed from service until a consultation is made with District Administration and Health professionals as needed following district protocols.
- Students will be routed to one address only, no exceptions. Students will only be permitted to ride their assigned bus, no one day ride passes will be allowed.
- If a student misses their assigned bus they may NOT ride in on another school bus.
High touchpoint areas will be sanitized in between routes and then buses will be completely disinfected after all AM/PM routes are completed. The same procedures will be used in all district transportation.